Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Staying Warm at home


Woke up with a phone call of a two hour delay for wood county schools. An hour later school has been cancelled. There was no snow falling at the time but by 10:30 it was coming down hard. I had to take Brooke to the dermatologist at 11:30 and by that time the roads were already covered. So glad that we got back home safely and have no reason to go back out the rest of the day! Camera battery is dead today, but in the spirit of snow, here are some of our 2010 Winter Place tubing pictures(no laughing at Tyler's pink snow pants! He grew out of his and I hadn't realized it so he had to wear Brookes old ones. He is such a good sport and didn't even complain, although he was none to happy about wearing hot pink!)....


My neighbors had their twins this morning..what a great birthdate 1/11/11. Congratulations to the Butterfields. I can't wait to meet my new little neighbors. Please keep them in your prayers because they are preemies born at I believe 30 weeks.

While there is excitement at the birth of our new neighbors, cousin Josie and her family are mourning their sick kitty Bubby. It is going to be a rough day for them so prayers for them would be greatly appreciated...Bubby is more than just a cat, he is a part of their family.


It is hard to do school work with my kids at home, but I was thankfully able to complete an assignment and get my planner organized with all of the assigment dates. That whole planner thing got me a little freaked out....wow...I have some hard work this semester!

Had a little change of plans in our menu for this week! We are still getting used to the Food Nanny meal plans! We didn't cook our roast that was planned for Sunday so I needed to get it cooked. So I have had roast in the crock pot all day and the smell of it has made me starving all day long! I do not like using the crock pot when I am going to be home all day! The good news is I have all the ingredients for all of our meals for this week and next. I have to admit..it feels great knowing what's for dinner and knowing I have everything I need to get it on the table, even if someone else in the family has to cook it! Little Chef is itching to get in the kitchen on his own...so I just might have to plan something easy for him in my next set of menu plans!


If we get all the snow they are calling for I am sure I will have sledding pictures to post for tomorrow. There is enough snow on the ground from our last snow...but the kids are waiting for some fresh snow..picky sledders!! Better get my camera battery charged up!

Hoping to work on my Providence 365 challenge this evening.

A little goodie from my bible study today....
Where He leads, He commits to provide. Where He reroutes, He creates the necessary resources. Where He shuts doors, He opens another with greater Kingdom possibilities.

Praise the Lord!!!

1 comment:

Courtney Walsh said...

The snow pictures are so fun. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I'm glad I've found yours too!