Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day 3


Another Snow Day here in WV. As I type the boys are outside building a snow fort. They have already built a snow igloo for the cat, but I am not allowed to take pictures just yet because they are adding an addition! Cat igloo picture to come tomorrow!


Brooke is curled up on the couch with her book. The girl is a book worm, which I love! Just goes to show that all those children's literature classes I took at Glenville while she was in the womb rubbed off on her!


I hate to admit it but I am sitting here at almost noon, still in my pajamas! I had a very stressful drive home from class last night. Therefore, I decided to allow myself some relaxation time to recover this morning!

The drive from Charleston to Parkersburg typically takes around an hour and fifteen minutes. Last night it was close to three hours. The roads were completely covered with snow. To make matters worse, the snow was coming down extremely hard. All you could see ahead was WHITE. A couple of times I got lucky and was able to follow tail lights. But for the most part, there were very few cars on the road, so I got to blaze the trail up Rt. 77. The snowflakes whizzing toward the windshield gave me the feeling that I was in a rocketship flying through the stars in outerspace. I am glad I didn't decide to become an astronaut because I didn't do so well in outer space! The whirling snow made me dizzy while I drove. I actually got car sick driving through the snow! It was horrible, and not a feeling I ever want to have again. So if Marshall decides to have class during another blizzard anytime soon, they will be doing it without me!


My friend Jacque is having to let go her fury best friend Jinger today. I haven't heard from Josie to find out how her fury Bubby is or if they had to let him go. Having so many friends saying goodbye to their pets has made me hug my fur baby Toby(pictured below) a little closer this week. Just like people, we never know how long we have with them...so we need to cherish every minute that we do have. Prayers for the Henry family today, because I know they are devastated with losing Jinger.



I better go get the hot chocolate on the stove and call in my popsicle people. I am sure they won't be happy about leaving their igloo construction....but it is FREEZING out there!

A goody from my Bible study today:If you don't feel like you're getting the love you should get, then maybe you should ask yourself if you're giving the love you should give. Why? Because you reap what you sow. If you give love, you'll receive love. If you give friendship, you'll receive friendship. If you give mercy, you'll receive mercy.

Galatians 6:7-9, Paul writes, Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

No comments: