Sunday, September 09, 2007

Time with Friends

Another fun packed weekend! I actually slept in Saturday! When I got up it was already 10am! Kinda made the day fly by! My sister came over to help me make a meal to take over to Lawanda's family. Her grandma made it home..but was not doing well. I haven't talked to her since Sat evening when we dropped off their dinner so I am not sure how things are going there right now. Continue to keep them in your prayers.

While Christina and I were cooking Lawandas dinner....Diana came buy...she started helping with the desserts! Then our good friend Brenda stopped by too! My brother in law was already here watching football with Chad...WVU vs Marshall. The kids were all playing and having a great time!

Chad, Brent, Diana and I got into a couple canasta games after dinner. It was Diana's first time playing Canasta...but she is a FAST learner! We beat them the first game and then they beat us the second game (Chad finally got his canasta victory!)

Sunday after church everyone came back to our house for lunch. I had fixed pot roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans, spinach and beef noodles....it was oh so yummy! Diana brought a salad and Brenda brought some dinner rolls! So nice to have friends and family together for dinner after church! Maybe we will have to start rotating houses every Sunday for lunch!

After lunch we decided to see who could win the two out of three Canasta rounds. Diana and I WON! We are the weekend champions! WOOHOO!!

Oh yeah...finally, after 10 months of remodeling our master bath is ready to be used again! WOOHOO!! Well almost, Chad still has to install the faucet in the sink...he is working on that tomorrow. Lawanda's husband Kevin built me the most awesome vanity cabinet! He did a fabulous job and it was really no more expensive then what we would have paid at Lowes or Home Depot for their cheapo pressed wood vanity. Mine is solid wood and handmade! Thanks Kevin!!! I will post pictures as soon as Chad gets the faucet in! I am so happy to have my bathroom back! Sharing with the kids has been a little crazy...especially since I have a preteen girl primping for school every morning!

hugs,
Michelle:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are good cooks, let me tell ya!!!!! ;-) :-D

Thanks again!!!! ♥