Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Awana and the Fire Alarm

Tonight was our first Awanas club meeting! I am the Sparks Director (k-2) so have been swamped the past two weeks getting everything ready for tonight! I spent the entire day today studying my bible lesson and preparing last minute things. The Awana Missionary warned us that our first club meeting would be chaotic. I am so happy that there was very little chaos! Everything went beautifully!

The kids learned the Sparks Motto tonight "My Friend For Christ". They also started learning John 3:16. I was so surprised that there were 3 or 4 children that could recite John 3:16 before the night ended!

I have some great leaders helping me out with our Sparks club! The best part of that is the friendships that we are building working together. I am so excited for what the future will bring both with the children and the leaders I am working with!

I am super impressed with the Awana club concept! We had a great turn out tonight for our very first awanas meeting at New Hope. I am not sure how many total in the entire Awana club but we had 12 children and 10 helpers in Sparks club!

I would call our first Sparks club meeting a smashing success! We were just finishing up at the end and getting children to their parents when we got a call that the fire alarm at Get Crafty Studios was going off! GRRRRRRR!!!!

My brother Matt had Christina's key to the studio and one of our assistants had my key! So I immediately freaked out thinking....oh no the fire dept will bust through the window again! They actually did bust through the window one time....but the fire was a sign on the outside!

Thankfully when we got there the fire dept was still on the outside of the building just waiting for us. My brother met us there with the key. They have no idea why the alarm went off but I have a feeling it has something to do with the electricity going off. They are working on sidewalks and stuff downtown all around us so for some reason the electric keeps going off. Anyways...that was my guess to the false alarm. I am just so happy it was a false alarm. I can't even begin to tell you the stress I was feeling as I traveled to the studio!

So I have my first Sparks meeting as the official Director under my belt! Now that we have an idea of how everything works I can only see it getting better and better! The kids are so excited about it and so am I! Being Director means alot of work added to my already pretty full plate...but I am excited...and it isn't work if you enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I am glad they didn't bust another window. :-p