Sunday, September 30, 2007

Shine

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven. Matthew 6:15

New Hope Baptist church had a 6th grade graduation celebration at the end of the 2006-2007 school year. Each of the graduates were suppose to share a talent. I had to talk her into it but Brooke finally decided that she would sing My Redeemer Lives. She didn't really want the people at our new church to know that she could sing because then they ask her to sing all the time.

Well she was right. The childrens pastor has begged her ever since then to sing again but this time during Sunday morning worship. Today was her day and she was a nervous wreck! Singing in front of this church and in front of her new youth group was a little more than her nerves could handle. I spent all morning trying to help her get over her nerves. Finally I went into my Sunday school room and asked them to pray for her. By the time morning worship started I could tell everything was going to be just fine! She loosened up and even had a smile on her face...much better than the tears I had been seeing all morning!

She sang My Redeemer Lives and was AWESOME! God has given her such an amazing gift! That girl can belt out those notes so beautifully! I listen and listen to her practice...but when she gets on stage in front of a crowd God just annoints her voice. God certainly uses her talent to bless people. Even though I had heard her sing that song all evening yesterday and all morning today I had tears in my eyes as I listened to her on stage....I am not kidding you! Her voice changes! It is AMAZING TO me but I know that it is God annointing her voice! AWESOME!

For such a little girl, she has always been gifted with music. She has an ear for music and stays right on pitch no matter if she is singing or playing the violin. It has been a challenge to get her to perform and share her gift. I keep reminding her if she doesn't use her gift the Lord will take it away. We certainly do not want that to happen!




The challenge on Faithsisters.com today is to use Matthew 5:16 on a layout. How fitting that I had Brooke and her talent already on my mind today! This picture is from a couple years ago...but it is such the perfect shot!;)

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven. ~Matthew 5:16

No comments: