Thursday, September 06, 2007

Overwhelmed!

Now that all the kids are in school....I have found myself talking to my little Toby dog all the time! I am so not used to being home by myself! Here is a cute little picture of my Toby being cute in the grass.

Yesterday was my first day as Awanas Sparks Director. With all of the duties involved with being a sparks director on top of my work at the studio and everything else I am doing, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed yesterday. On my google home page I have "Reminders From God." It seems that today's reminder was just what I needed to read! Thank you heavenly father for the constant reminders and using the internet as a tool to remind me!


Claim My power. Use it. If not, I withdraw it. Use it ceaselessly. You cannot ask too much. Never think you are too busy. As long as you get back to Me and replenish after each task no work can be too much. My Joy I give you. Live in it. Bathe your Spirit in it. Reflect it.

I just thought that was so cool! Always the perfect words just when I need them!


Brooke had her first Jr High Tennis match today. Poor thing had to play doubles with a guy against two other guys! She was devastated! However, she was extremely excited afterward because her team won! I had no idea how time consuming tennis was going to be! I will admit that I am totally dumb when it comes to the game of tennis. Clueless!!! I have much homework to do on the subject. I do know that you do NOT cheer! Luckily I learned this from hearing another mother get yelled at for cheering instead of experiencing it myself for once! Well....at least I know one other mother on the team that is totally clueless like me!


I was all dressed and ready for bed and my good seestah Lawanda stopped by and wanted me to go to Walmart with her! Sure why not....Walmart at midnight is always interesting! Especially when that mysterious hunger that I get in the middle of the night hits! I rebelled and bought some mint chocolate Dibs. Had never tried them but as we walked past the freezer they were just calling for me! Then Lawanda and I went looking for Emergen C. I woke up this morning with a very sore throat...last time I had a sore throat my dad told me to take Emergen C and it truly did help my throat in no time. We had to really SEARCH to find it at Walmart. But just in case you ever need to find it go to the vitamin aisle...across from the "old man urinals!" I am telling you Lawanda about wet her pants right there in the middle of Walmart at 12:30am! I can not believe that the box really said Old Man Urinal!! I looked, but they didn't have an old woman one....just a bunch of canes beside the Old Man ones. my stomach still hurts from laughing....well maybe eating half the box of Dibs has something to do with it too!


Lawanda needed a good laugh so I am glad I went with her. Keep her and her family in your prayers. Her grandma has been diagnosed with Luekemia. They are hoping that she will be able to make it home from the hospital. It is a two hour drive to get back home and they will be bringing her in an ambulance tomorrow(fri).


I will leave you with a pictureof Lawanda and I being goofy as usual! I just love that girl:)



3 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

Love those pictures!

Cheryl said...

Goodness...those words "never think you are too busy".....because as long as we get repowered with God.....never heard that before and I always feel too busy.

Anonymous said...

And she loves you too ;)