Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chads Birthday Surprise



March 25th was Chad's birthday. His mom REALLY surprised him with a car! She got a great deal on a 2003 Toyota Camry with less than 10,000 miles...so it is almost like brand new! His mom was so excited about it! She called me a few weeks in advance because she needed me to get insurance on it so that she could drive it here from Clarksburg (about an hour away). So I then had to keep it a secret! When she gave me the serial number, make and model and year, I wrote it all down on a smal sheet of paper. It was my bookmark. Well somehow I lost it out of my book and Chad discovered it! EEEEEEK! Luckily I was reading when he discovered it he said..."what is this? Is it from my mom?" ....so I played the.....let me finish this page when he asked me what the paper was. His mom had told him about this car to see if he was interested and he told her it sounded like a good deal but he was gonna drive his Grand Am until it was a pile of rust in the driveway. OK, so with that in mind, he finds this slip of paper aka my bookmark and asks me what it is...I used my let me finish this page tactic to give me a few seconds to think of what that paper could be!! I told him it was my aide Jaques and I was using as a bookmark cause it was trash. Then I said..."why did you ask me if it was from your mom?" He said, "Oh nothing, she was telling me about a car but that was a long time ago. I don't know why I thought it was from her." WIPE SWEAT FROM BROW!!!!!!!! About three or four more times I almost slipped up. Like the time he mentioned something about tires on the Grand Am...kinda freaked thinking he was gonna get new ones and almost slipped. Then I as the day approached I almost slipped and told him his mom was coming...and she wanted that to be part of the secret too. He was getting off work early that day cause he wanted to watch the big WV game. Well she wanted the car to be in the driveway when he arrived with the bow on top and banner in the windshield. She wanted the kids to be there for the surprise too so I had to pick them up early from school since Chad was coming home from work early.






We had everything ready and were hiding in the garage where we could see. Chad was arriving home when I would have typically been picking up the kids from school (if I hadn't already gotten them early!) When Chad turned down the road he said he saw the big yellow bow on top of the car. His first thought was who is in the driveway...Michelle is picking up the kids. Then he thought..and who is laying no top of that car. He thought the bow was a person!

When he pulled into the driveway he saw the banner that said Happy Birthday Chad. He yelled out the window, "Are you serious?" He was in total shock! He just kinda sat there for a minute then got out of the car and headed straight to hug his mom! What a fabulous Birthday surprise!!!

No comments: