Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Still Alive!

Hello Blog world! A bit beaten and battered but still alive.

I have been sick. They thought I had kidney stones and in the process of testing for stones they found that I have a catheter in my portal vien in my liver. Apparently the catheter is the result of a blood transfusion I had as a newborn.

My doctor had the hospital pull my birth records. My mom was mortified to find out that I am truly lucky to be alive. The Drs had told them that I had spit up a bit of blood. According to the birth records I had uncontrolled internal bleeding. They gave me not one but two blood transfusions. My parents knew about one. Then apparently...considering I have a catheter in my portal vien. The catheter broke off into my vien. Interestingly enough there is no mention of the said catheter in any of the medical records.

So I go to a surgeon on Nov 26th to see if the catheter needs to come out or if I can keep it since I have already had it for 33 years.

Really stinks that we are having to pay all these medical bills for all the testing they have done. Seems that the hospital should be covering it free of charge. I am just praying that I stay healthy and don't have to have surgery.

So that is what I have been up to lately. Been pretty freaked out. Found out that I have had a rib out of place...so that might be what was causing the pain that lead them to find this catheter. So now that I have been to the chiropractor several times...I am now feeling better and hopeful that it isn't the catheter causing my pain.

I am also teaching preschool now! I have been since school strated in September. I am loving my job. Just wishing I could be feeling good so I could really enjoy it more!

I hope to be a better blogger now that I am feeling better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is awful. Don't expect the hospital to eat crow. Ha never.

I hope the chiro continues to help, though!

So you are still having it removed even if it isn't the problem, right?

Call me. I need to scrap. Badly. ;)