Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pain continues

Just back from the surgeon. He is not at all worried about the catheter in my liver. Says that sometimes they put small catheters in like that to relieve pressure in cirrhosis patients...so he thinks it should be just fine and not cause me any problems. The problem is, I am still having pain in my right side! So what is causing it???? I almost feel like they think I am crazy, and because I know the little thingy is in my liver I am making up the pain. UGH!

So anyways...he says he thinks it sounds like classic gall bladder. So now more tests to see if the gall bladder is functioning. The ultrasound on my liver also studied the gall bladder and they said it looked normal already. He sent me out to eat some high fat and greasy food and see if the pain got worse. It has been an hour since I ate and the pain is still just the same. I go on the 3rd for gall bladder function test.

I do have to say I feel a little better knowing that he isn't concerned about the catheter. He said that it will likely cause much worse problems trying to remove it than it would to just leave it. I am still going for a second opinion at Cleveland Clinic in the near future.

I am so exhausted! I think I am going to take a 20 minute power nap before I start working on my Thanksgiving desserts to take to moms house! My little sister is traveling from Atlanta, typically a 8 hr drive but will most likely be much longer tonight with all the traffic.

I can't wait to go Black Friday shopping! It is a tradition for my sisters and I to head out around 4am to shop the day away! I sure hope there are some good deals on the things my children want this year for Christmas! I am looking specifically for a good point and shoot camera for Brooke!

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it is your gall bladder and that they don't mess around with getting that sucker out. Then you can feel better!!!

Have fun shopping. I will be in my nice warm bed! ;)