Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lovin American Idol!

I spent the entire day cleaning, laundry and more cleaning. So much fun! What a relief to have things sparkly and smelling fresh though. I hate the process but the outcome is just so refreshing!:)

I think I have the nagging urge to start ripping off wall paper in the entry way. My laundry room and downstairs bathroom are in much need of some paint too. Why can't I just be content with how it is! So I expect that any day now I will take on the task of stripping wall paper and painting. My whole entire house was wall paper when we moved in. It is very nice wall paper though...no big flowers or antying crazy. Just marbled and very subtle. The entry way though...well it looks like a dirty dog came in and shook all over the walls. Just little brown specks everywhere. I have always hated it....if I can get the energy I might start ripping it off. The only problem with ripping it off though...in the bathroom upstairs when I ripped off the wall paper I discovered bare walls. They didn't even finish the drywall before putting up the wall paper. Yeah! A mess! So I am terribly afraid what stripping off other wall paper might reveal! If I knew it would just be adhesive removal and then painting I would have done it a couple years ago. However, it might require hiring someone to come in and finish the drywall.....UGH! Well we shall see cause I expect that as soon as I get going on the laundry room and get it finished I will start on the entry way. Chad is going to love it that I have this painting bug......hehehe....being totally sarcastic. He recently said he is done working on the house for a long while. We have truly done tons to this place since we moved in. The floors were our major project. We ripped carpent out of the entire place and put in hardwood. No matter what I have to get the laundry room and guest bedroom painted. All of the baseboards need a good coat of paint too. When we did the floors we used the primered baseboards....since they were already white I just left them! They are starting to show the wear though. It's time for them to be painted....ugh I hate painting trim work! However, I am very good at it so it is always the job that I get when it comes time to paint.

So how about American Idol! I am so loving this season. We have such great talent to choose from! I think America did well with the voting. Garret and Colton were two that I wasn't real thrilled with. I am glad to see that Luke gets another chance. Is it just me or does he remind you of the dude from 90210? LOL I am thinking his name was Luke too.

I really liked Amy. Sad that she had to go. I think she will get picked up as a model or something though cause she is just beautiful and Paula is so right...the camera loves her! I really liked Joanna too. That was not the best song for her though. I have decided that it is going to be hard to see any of these girls leave. They are all so talented. I do really like Amanda though. She may be rough around the edges...but she can most definitely ROCK!

Can't wait till next weeks idol!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought America showed some sense ;)

Sheesh, don't come after me when you get that painting bug! LOL