Saturday, January 17, 2009

Scrappy Organizing - ordering albums

Wow! It has been a long weekend already and it is only Sat night! My friend Diana came over Friday morning to keep me company in my scraproom while I cleaned and organized. She was scrapping, which of course made me quite jealous! But I did what I so desperately have needed to do for the past year! It is now almost midnight Saturday but I feel like I have accomplished SO MUCH! WOOHOO! My scraproom is organized...now I didn't say it was beautiful or anything (hoping for cabinets and countertop someday- watching the bulletin board for a good deal!)but it is at least better than it was and I can scrap in there now! Finally!

I had over 100 layouts made without pictures! From conventions, classes I have designed and taught and then last year I made a new kit each week at Get Crafty Studios. Wonderful scrapbook pages, mostly two page spreads...with no photos and journaling. So that stack has been laying in my room, piling up with more and more all along for the past few years...and really grew last year with creating all those layouts for the kits every week! I FINALLY tackled the stack! I went through boxes of pictures and just worked most of the day Fri and Saturday putting pictures onto those already scrapped pages. I still have 13 single page layouts and 3 two page spreads that are pictureless. I need to print some of my digital photos, but I at least know which ones I need already so that is a good thing! Not only did I get pictures on these layouts but tonight, I just put all of them into the proper albums!

Putting all those layouts into albums has caused a huge problem though! I am now out of album space and page protectors! So I am placing an album order! Anyone who needs 12x12 We R Memory D ring albums, let me know and I will add your order to mine. I will be placing the order hopefully by Wed of this week.

I have lunch in the crock pot for after church~ Creamy Chicken and Noodles (if it is good I will post the recipe later!) Diana and her family are coming to eat after church. Then we are playing a game of Canasta. The boys will then watch football while Diana and I escape to my scraproom for some serious scrappin time!! I am treating myself to a day of actual SCRAPBOOKING since I accomplished so much. That attatching pictures to already finished pages was pure torture...I just wanted to scrap! Which is exactly the reason that I haven't tackled that stack before now! Whenever I think I might, well I just start scrapping and lay the stack aside! WOOHOO. I am just so excited to have that stack dwindled down and into my albums!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! :)

I may need to order some albums. Don't order without talkin to me first, k! :)