Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year to everyone! My prayer is that we all have a very blessed and prosperous 2008.

It is our tradition to bring the New Year in with a music party at my mom and dads. Every year for as long as I can remember Dad and Mom have hosted this music party. All of dad's music friends come over and jam all evening. Other friends and relatives also join us to enjoy the music and fellowship. Those of us who don't join in the music jam usually end up playing games.

This year we played Canasta....which is a game taught to us by Grandma Vinnie. It was her absolute favorite game. Christina and Brenda played the new Life Twist and Turns game with the kids.



The musicians are all getting older and each year it seems that they pack up earlier than the last! Once they left the rest of us watched New Years parties from the past that dad had recorded. The party that was last recorded before this year was 1998. Brooke was really into shaking maracas that year and Grandma Vinnie was right there dancing and shaking with her. PRICELESS! It was so great to see those videos of Grandma! Tyler was a 5 month old baby. There was a few minutes where Grandma was singing to him. It made me realize how neglectful I have been with videotaping. Ever since I got heavily into scrapbooking I have taken bazillions of photos. Yet I rarely ever pick up the camcorder. In fact our camcorder got broken in 2006 and we have never even replaced it. I want to try to save up for one now. Even if you don't watch the videos until 10 years later! It is just so awesome!



Both of my nephews are now learning to play the violin. Yes, those tiny violins are real! They broke out there intruments to join in the jam session! We had such a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! GREAT PICS! And I hear ya about taping... I am sure you enjoyed those videos. :)