Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol

Ok I admit it...I am a bit of an American Idol junky! It is the only show that I really ever watch on TV. I don't get to catch every show of the season ever but I have been watching regularly for the past two seasons. We don't have Tivo so I don't get to save and watch later...but it's ok.

The auditions are not my favorite. I feel so terrible for the people that really think they can sing. They are so heartbroken when they are turned down. That poor guy with no front teeth that sang the moses song. That was sad...and the judges just shattered him laughing so hard.

I also really have a hard time with the crudeness that they allow during the auditions. Falling the people around that are having a bad attitude...just encouraging them get even worse. UGH! That is just not needed.

The only part I like about the auditions is trying to pick who I think will make it to the top 25!

I don't know their names yet...but so far my picks:

The girl with the daughter that has the disease that was on the first night. Her family even prayed around her before she went in to audition.






The guy that said he has a style like Red Hot Chili Peppers. Great voice...I think he will go far.

Drew the farm boy. Love his country sound and he just seems like a great wholesome, well mannered guy with a good voice. Simon needs to open up and accept country...I can't believe he said no to this one!





The girl that immitated Britney Spears. She has a phenominal voice. She really nailed all the songs she sang!

I think I might be forgetting a couple. I will come back and add them later! LOL

I did get pretty miffed both nights. I do not think they should have let that old guy get on and sing his R rated song. He said it was about abstinence....but it was uncalled for. Then tonight I got mad about the judges bashing Bruce...the guy who had agreed with his dad for abstinance until marriage. I absolutely can not believe the judges bashed him...and then Ryan had the voiceover as Bruce walked away...that said kiss some girls so you can come back next year as a man. Are you kidding me? That was just wrong. Do we wander why the U.S. has so many teen pregnancy problems?? The nations #1 show even bashes good moral decisions. That guy should have made it on to Hollywood. He had a much better voice than a couple of the ones they sent on. Plus, he would have made a great role model for teens of this day and age.

The one thing that I have been impressed with both seasons that I have watched, is how God has used this show to plant seeds. As well as to spotlight some Christian artists. Melinda was amazing last year...and she has went on to do some great things in the Christian arena. My favorite by far though is Chris Daughtry. HE ROCKS and he is proud to be a Christian! Even on the past two nights of auditions there have been Christian songs sang, and so many people proudly wearing their cross necklaces. Families praying together. WOOHOO! On national television!

Praying that the Lord will use this season of American Idol to bring him glory! Let's support the Christian talent! I am ready to start voting!

So who are your picks so far?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an AI junkie too!

But I hate this part of the show, and can barely watch it. I usually wait until they go to Hollywood to watch an entire show.

Last year they would not let a girl on who was a REALLY good singer because she had way long hair (part of her religion) and she mostly sang in church. Grrr. She was awesome, and they totally dissed her.

I HATE that part of the show. But after Hollywood, I enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

Where you at woman???? It is Hollywood week baby! ;)

Dahlia Co said...

OMG! I love AI but, do agree with some parts to be unnecessary when it comes to those who love to display their anger at the camera! But, I haven't really picked out who my favorites are and probably will know more during the finalist performances. Anyways!!! LOL! Just thought I'd stop by and say hello and how are you!! I hope FS will be open soon, I miss it there! haha! In the meantime, I am enjoying time with family and getting some things done. Well, hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend! Talk to you soon!