Monday, July 28, 2008

Back from the Beach


Wow! What an awesome vacation we had at Myrtle Beach, SC! Such a relaxing time to say the least! We have officially been labeled Beach Bums! Our friends Randy and Diana Riffle were vacationing at the same resort with us. They were shocked at the amount of time that we spend ON the beach. Pretty much most of the daylight hours!

The boys LOVE to dig holes in the sand. Brooke and her best friend Jennifer spent their time in the ocean or at one of the 6 pools at the resort...the loved having some freedom! Chad mostly hung out with the boys either in the ocean or digging holes..he did get a a little reading in as well. I am a sun soaker! I wade into the ocean just enough to get cooled down and then I relax in my beach chair with a good book!

I read two and a half books while at the beach! I am reading the Red River Valley Series of Lauraine Snelling books. EXCELLENT author...I have loved every series I have read of hers so far! So I read the first two books in the series while on the beach and I did stay up a couple late nights to finish them as well! They are just so good I can't put them down! As soon as I am done with this post I am going to go relax in my recliner and read some more of the third book!:)

I am uploading pictures right now as I type. I took LOTS of course! I had planned to get some photos with all of us in white shirts and jeans on the beach but that didn't work out so well. I got pretty upset by the lack of cooperation from my family so the day that we were leaving the beach I was pleasantly surprised that Chad wanted to have more family photos taken. So we weren't in our white shirts and jeans...but the pictures turned out great!

I will be posting pictures throughout the week! I am really hoping to have a couple of great quality ones that I can have larger sizes printed for frames in my living room! Keeping my fingers crossed! They are taking forever to upload!!

2 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

Ooohhhh!!! LOVE the family photo Michelle! My beach photos didn't happen either, we got rained out!!! but I did get some cute ones of Hunter at the playground and by some cool trees in Hilton Head!

Sunny said...

Glad you all had a nice relaxing vacation together! Hope to see photos soon...I'll call you tonight to here about the wedding photos!
Love Sunny