Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Visiting and the Motherload

It has been an exciting and busy past two weeks! First of all cousin Josie and her three children came to visit for a week. While Josie was here I got a call from one of our scrapbook customers mothers. My scrappin friend Teresa Wince passed away from a long battle with a pulmonary disease. Her mother was calling to tell me that Teresa wanted me to have all of her scrapbooking stuff. Josie and I dropped the kids off to visit my mom and we headed to Ellenboro (approximately 45 mins away). I had commented that I hoped it would be worth the trip since gas is so ridiculously high.

When we walked into Teresa's home there was TONS of scrapbooking stuff. Her mom was giving it ALL to me! We put the seats down in my stow and go mini van (man I love those stow and go seats...they sure come in handy!) and packed the van full from front to back and top to bottom. The whole way home Josie and I were just giddy! When we pulled up to the garage we immediately started sorting and trying to organize and oohing and ahing over all the new stuff! It was better than any Christmas presents I have ever had. Teresa had more scrapbooking stuff than I have had in my personal stash...and for those of you that have seen my personal stash...I am sure you are amazed that anyone could have more than me! LOL

So I inherited the motherload! I am still trying to organize all of it but thanks to Josie, it is somewhat under control! I am not sure what I would have done without her helping me!

Josie came on Monday and then left the following Monday. We didn't do much more than organizing the motherload all week! Well ok, we did take the kids to tennis lessons every morning. Brooke to Cross Country practive nearly every evening. Wed night we took the kids to church and then went to the Drive in to see Indiana Jones and Speed Racer. Other than that we organized and then got a little scrapping done at crop club on Friday night...which by the way, turned into an all nighter. Josie and I didn't get home till after 7am! EEEK!

My little sister Julie arrived for a weeks visit the Sunday before Josie left. We spent the evening playing canasta. We had a little INCIDENT involving a sleepwalking child...but I will not go into that because I am sure he would kill me when he was older if he found out I blogged about it!

Julie stayed with mom and dad but visited me everyday. It was so nice having her in town all week. She is usually just here a few weekends of the year. So having her here for a full week was a treat! We got lots of Canasta games in this past week! We also took the kids to the Marietta Aquatic Center. Wed night we went to the Drive In to see Kung Fu Panda and Spiderwick Chronicles. Both of which were super!

Julie headed back home to GA today. Was bummed to see her go back but hopefully we will get to visit GA before school starts in the fall.

So now the company has all returned home and we are trying to get back to normal. My laundry is overflowing. My house is kinda messy. I am overwhelmed with my two online classes and all the work I need to accomplish before vacation. I have to get stuff together for the "This is My Story" faithbooking class I am starting for the summer session at church. Plus, I got all my VBS materials tonight and have to start getting ready for that because it starts the day we get back from vacation! EEEEK!!

Well, writing that to do list has made me exhausted! I better sign off for now!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

You have been very busy! Great that Josie was able to come for a visit. So sorry to hear about your friend passing away.

Glad your sister was able to also visit and we also love kung fu panda! I think we talka like the panda…or his father the goose….LOL

Miss ya!
Sunny

Anonymous said...

We went to the drive in Sunday night :) Kung Fu Panda was awesome, but Spiderwick Chronicles was nobody's favorite. It was too scary for Faithy and the rest of us just didn't care for it.

So you will have to fill me in on the sleepwalking incident ;)

And I suppose you'll share the motherload with a friend who might scrap again SOMEDAY? ;)

J.E. said...

Hey... Thanks for commenting on our VBS decorations... The trees were made by flipping a small piano bench upside down then placing cardboard tubes that we got from carpet warehouses over each leg... To make the leaves we lined the paper with hangers or umbrellas!!! Good luck!! Hope you liked the blog!!!