Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Word of the Year

Forget New Year’s Resolutions. Scrap that long list of goals you won’t remember three weeks from now anyway. 
Choose just one word.
One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.
It will take intentionality and commitment, but if you let it, your one word will shape not only your year, but also you. It will become the compass that directs your decisions and guides your steps.
Discover the big impact one word can make.
One word. 365 days. A changed life.

A couple of years ago I had several friends that decided to choose a word for the year. I joined in and chose the word "shine" the first year, and "light" the second.  My big idea was to create a journal with the many ways that my word of the year showed up in my life that year.....but with a busy hectic schedule I did not get very far on the journal.  HOWEVER, I did experience my word directing my decisions and showing up in my thoughts frequently!

This year I have chosen the word Blessing.  More than anything I want to be a blessing to others this year.  I want to be even more appreciative of the many blessings given to me each and every day.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the idea of one word to sum up the year, I think I'll choose the word DREAM :D

I'm writing a blog about my life, about travelling, reading and writing and about Spain where I currently live, it would be awesome if you could go have a look at it and leave me your opinion. Thanks and happy New Year!
http://journeyofalonelybird.blogspot.com.es/