Thursday, July 02, 2009

52 Blessings {7} My Healing Miracle!

I have been leading a Bible Study at FaithSisters.com from the Power Of A Praying Parent book by Stormie Omartian. A totally awesome book that every parent should read and study.

Well chapter 12 a few weeks ago really has changed my life and I just have to give a praise! The chapter is on Enjoying a Life of Health and Healing. Here is the link at faithsisters site if you would like to check it out more. http://faithsisters.com/forum/index.php?topic=10015.0

I had been so nervous about having an upcoming surgery that was scheduled for June 24, 2009. I just didn't have a peace about having the endometriosis surgery and kept feeling like maybe I shouldn't be doing it. I had been praying for direction on what to do. Then comes this chapter!

This chapter showed me that I had been praying for the Lord to heal me, but not truly believing that he would miraculously heal me without the help of Drs. and surgery. While I was reading this chapter I began praying immediately. I had a hard time with the believing part and even asked that the Lord show me with a sign to cancel the surgery. The fleece that I was putting out was that I would start my monthly and have no pain. Then while doing the questions in the study for this chapter, question 5 immediately reminded me that I didn't need a sign....that if I was going to believe in FAITH for healing that I needed to just step forward in faith and believe that I am healed and cancel the surgery. So I had decided first thing in the morning I was throwing away the pills and calling the Dr office to cancel the surgery. By the way, question 5 was to read 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight."

God is such an awesome God! He saw my heart and knew that I was truly believing and stepping out in faith. He gave me that sign I was asking for, even though I had realized I didn't need it! That very night, I started. I had no idea I had even started because there was absolutely NO PAIN! The whole week was no pain! Typically I am out of commission for the week because of severe pain and cramping. I have been almost a whole month pain free! Praise the Lord! So I am not in doubt and totally believe that the Lord has touched me and healed my endometriosis! I am amazed at how the Lord used this book and this bible study, that I thought I was doing to help other parents, to show me exactly what I needed to be doing. Between reading those reccomended scriptures and Stormie Omartians words in her book....the Lord spoke through it and straight to my heart. I love when he does that and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he is speaking directly to me! Reading that chapter has truly improved my faith and reminded me that NOTHING is impossible for God....he is just waiting for us to believe that he can and will do it without a shadow of a doubt. He is still in the miracle business my friends!

A miracle? ABSOLUTELY! I am still amazed and I can't even begin to tell you how big of a fingerprint from God this has left on my heart! I can't wait to get this story into my faithbook!

No comments: